Who we are; about this policy
- 1. Your acceptance of this policy
- 2. Information we collect
- 3. How we use collected information
- 4. Information sharing
- 5. How we store and protect your information
- 6. Other links and websites
- 7. Opting out and limiting information gathering
- 8. Additional information regarding European economic area users, California users, and users under the age of 13
- 9. Changes to this policy
- 10. Contacting us
- 11. Last Update
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT - Maine Listings collects information about you when you use our Sites, products, and services. The kinds of information we collect from you will vary depending on how you use our Sites, products, and services. We automatically collect information from you when you visit and interact with our Sites; this information does not personally identify you. We may also collect information from you that does personally identify you, if you choose to provide us with that information or purchase products or services from us. To learn about opting out and limiting information gathering, see of the policy.
(a) Non-personally identifiable information collected from your use of our Sites
We collect information and data about users of our Sites whenever they interact with our Sites. Our systems are set up to gather certain data to help us better understand how the Sites are being used and how we can improve it.
(c) Third-Party Cookies for Website Analytics
We use Google Analytics services to obtain information about users of the Sites. Additionally, Google uses a cookie that can be recognized by Google or its affiliates when you visit other websites to show advertisements across the internet. You can opt out of your data being used by Google Analytics, by clicking here and following the instructions provided by Google.
(d) Personally identifiable information that you disclose to us on the Sites
We will collect personally identifiable information from you only if you voluntarily choose to submit such information to us, in connection with your subscription or application for subscription with Maine Listingsâ€™ multiple listing service, and to process your requests. The choices that you make with regards to the Sites, products, and services will determine when and what type of personally identifiable information is collected. For example, certain personally identifiable information will be requested when you register on our Sites, join Maine Listingsâ€™ multiple listing service, fill out forms or applications (i.e. subscription applications, committee applications, petitions,) and use services, features, or resources we make available on our Sites.
If you choose to take advantage of some of our Site features, products, and services, you may be asked for the following personally identifiable information:
- Name and contact information, including first and last name, email address, phone number, and other similar contact data
- Credentials, such as username, password, challenge questions, and similar security information used for authentication and account access
- Preferences, such as whether you are buying or selling a home, what neighborhood or location you are interested, and other similar information
- If you are a subscriber of Maine Listing's multiple listing service: company/brokerage firm name, company mailing address, phone number, fax number, website address, and other similar professional contact data, real estate license information, and other similar information
Providing us with personally identifiable information is always optional, however certain features, products, or services may not be available to you without the submission of personally identifiable information. A registered user account will allow you to store certain information, including listing collections, and saved searches; you may also contact and communicate with Maine Listings' agents and brokers.
3. HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION - Maine Listings uses your information for purposes based on your consent, our legitimate business interests, and our legal and compliance obligations. Specifically, we use the personally identifiable information we collect from you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Sites, products, and services, including creating and managing your account;
- Provide and deliver information, products, and services requested by you;
- Confirm your submission of applications or forms;
- Respond to your customer service requests and support inquiries;
- Improve our customer service;
- Personalize user experience;
- Market products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Communicate with you through periodic emails or updates, which may include marketing or promotional communications, newsletters, technical notices, security alerts, and other administrative messages, including notices regarding billing if a subscriber of Maine Listings' multiple listing service;
- Validate your identity;
- Track usage of our Site;
- Perform other tasks for which the information was collected.
Information and communications submitted to the Site may be monitored by Maine Listings. Additionally, we will disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that such disclosures (a) are required by law, including, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena, or (b) will help to: enforce our policies; protect your safety or security, including the safety and security of property that belongs to you; and/or, protect the safety and security of our Sites or third parties.
We use non-personally identifiable information we collect from you to:
- Analyze traffic and usage of our Sites;
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties;
- Analyze information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Sites;
- Target promotional activities;
- Improve our Sites, products, and services.
5. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION - Maine Listings is a company based in the United States, and we process and store information in our database located in the United States. By accessing or using our Sites, products, or services, you consent to the processing, transferring, and storage of information in and to the United States.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the information we collect. We test our security procedures regularly and modify them as new technologies become feasible. We store our servers in a locked, secure environment. We store the information we collect for as long as it is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we initially collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
7. OPTING OUT AND LIMITING INFORMATION GATHERING - For Sites that provide the creation and use of user accounts, you may at any time review or change the information in your account by logging in and changing your account information. You can terminate your account with Maine Listings at any time. You also have the ability to opt-out of any advertising email communication by unsubscribing or by emailing us at [email protected]. If you are a Maine Listings participant or subscriber you can unsubscribe from marketing or advertising communications at any time. Even if you deactivate your Maine Listings account created through the Site, we may keep a copy of your account information for our records in accordance with applicable laws
You may opt out of third-party internet-based advertising on our Sites. You can use the Network Advertising Initiative's multi-cookie opt-out mechanism at: http://optout.networkadvertising.org, or the Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-out Tool at: http://optout.aboutads.info/. Additionally, you can find more information about "do not track" options at http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
8. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA USERS, CALIFORNIA USERS OR REGARDING USERS UNDER THE AGE OF 13
(a) European economic area users
If you are a resident in the European economic area, you may have additional rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:
- Access and receive a copy your personal data;
- Rectify any personal data that is inaccurate;
- Request deletion of personal data;
- Object to the processing of your personal data or restricting its use, or correcting, erasing, or exporting your personal data.
You may also withdraw your consent you have provided us to your personal data at any time. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or other rights under applicable data protection laws, please contact us at [email protected].
(b) California users
If you are a resident in California, you may have additional rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to request:
- A list of personal information that has been collected about you;
- A list of third parties to which that information has been disclosed for direct marketing uses, and the names of addresses of those third parties.
- If you wish to request any of this information, please contact us at: [email protected].
(c) Users under the age of 13
The Sites are not intended to collect information from children under the age of 13. Maine Listings does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13, and you think that your child has given us personally identifiable information, please contact us at: [email protected].
Maine Real Estate Information System, Inc. d/b/a Maine Listings
92 Darling Avenue
South Portland, ME 04106